Our mission is to give lawyers and lawfirms the power to build their reputation and online presence in order to bring entities in need of lawyers with the lawyers they are looking for. To help advance this mission, we provide the Products and services described below to you:
Empower you to present yourself and your lawfirm, in order to communicate what you do, your experience, and what matters to you:
- Adding any and all relevant content to your lawyer profile. This includes your basic information as well educational, professional, and probono qualifications.
- Adding any and all relevant content to your lawfirm profile. This includes your basic lawfirm information, including your website, and having Trial Masters™ memberships for all of your team members.
- Contributing posts to the Trial Masters™ Talk blog to keep people updated on what you have been working on, thoughts on changes and movements in the legal industry, tips for the typical layman, scholarly articles or papers you have contributed to, or anything else that adds value to the industry material.
- Purchase Trial Masters™ mechandise to take the prestige and benefits of being associate with Trial Masters™ online to your office.
- We will continue to develop Trial Masters™ website to provide more methods in which you can continue to grow your personal and firm’s brand.
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
Who can use Trial Masters™?
When lawyers stand behind their About Me and Trial Masters™ curriculum vitae, our community gains more prestige and accountability. This helps not only you, but all other Trial Masters™ members. For that reason, you must:
Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
Provide accurate information about yourself.
Create only one lawyer account (your own) and only one lawfirm account if that lawfirm is not already listed.
Not share your password, give access to your Trial Masters™ account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Trial Masters™ broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Trial Masters™ if:
You are a convicted sex offender.
We previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.
You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share: You own the content you create and share on Trial Masters™ and the other Trial Masters™ Products you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, though, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use that content.
- Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content.
- You can end this license any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, content you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users).
- Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on Trial Masters™ next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you.
- Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates, and additional features to improve, enhance, and further develop it.
- Limits on using our intellectual property. If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on Trial Masters™), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our Publication Guidelines or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Trial Masters™ community, you can delete your account at any time.
Account suspension or termination
We want Trial Masters™ to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, we may take action against your account to protect our community and services, including by suspending access to your account or disabling it. We may also suspend or disable your account if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it. You can learn more about what you can do if your account has been disabled.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: Your Commitments to Trial Masters and Our Community, and Additional Provisions.
Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Products, however, are provided “as is,” and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Trial Masters™ Products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Trial Masters™ Products will not exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
For any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Trial Masters™ Products (“claim”), you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or a state court located in San Mateo County. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of California will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Trial Masters™, Inc. regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
- If any portion of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.